Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
The Executive assistant to the CD is responsible for the smooth running of the Country Director’s office and other Support Office Administrative functions through the provision of high-level administrative support.
- Provide a full range of confidential administrative and secretarial services to the Country Director: Prepare meeting papers and agendas for meetings that they are attending, as well as for the meetings they are hosting/chairing. Track actions and progress of actions for the Senior Management Team meetings, complete research and compile presentations as required. Liaise with HR for candidate background documents for interviews. Book meetings rooms, conference lines and catering as required.
- Work with the relevant units to manage CD’s interface with internal and external parties/stakeholders: Plan team meetings with the CD, including but not limited to, offsite room bookings, travel, accommodation, scheduling, presentations, IT equipment, invitations, catering and team building activities. Organise other meetings led by the CD.
- Diary: Proactively manage the diary and make informed judgements based on the understanding of complex demands and conflicting priorities. Inform the CD of any urgent items to address and prepare him for critical telephone calls or meetings by providing background documents and contract information. Work closely with team coordinators and key external contacts to co-ordinate schedules and meetings.
- Communications: Liaise with Communications Unit to send emails to groups within MSION as required, ensure that email distribution groups are up to date and work with the distribution group owners to inform them of changes that need to be made. Create communication templates and send emails on behalf of the CD. Handle enquiries, filter and respond to e-mails and messages on behalf of the CD, aligning them with priorities. Draft documents as required.
- Travel: Handle logistics such as booking local and international travel, airport transfers, accommodation; Obtain Trip IDs for flight bookings. Prepare travel pack to include meeting materials and country background documents, set up audio/video conference calls, ensure appropriate meeting space, prepare and format presentations; organise meeting schedules with internal and external contacts.
- New Starters: Organise meetings for inductions for new CD’s Direct Line Reports.
- Raise Purchase Orders: Raise and manage the approval process for purchase orders for the CD. Liaise with Programme Officers regarding the appropriate coding and work with the HR and Procurement team to ensure Consultant and Supplier invoices are paid in a timely fashion and in accordance with our payment terms and terms of reference.
- Filing systems: Develop and maintain efficient filing systems in Windows and Outlook, including address lists, and hard copy filing.
- Organisational Chart: On a monthly basis check on any staff movements or updates and amend on the CD’s copy of the Organisational Chart and save. Also produce a PDF copy to share with others who may require same.
- IT Support: Liaise with Service desk to resolve issues as they arise.
- Timesheets: Enter and submit timesheets on behalf of CD, and also approve Timesheets of the Direct Line reports.
- Expenses: Complete retirements and submit expenses in a timely manner for the CD.
- Team Management: Manage the assistant and any other Officer assigned to the CD’s Office.
- Other Support Services: Take on other responsibilities as may be assigned the Country Director.