Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSN) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSN’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSN is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 37 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
The core responsibility of this post is to use:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Implement accounting and internal control systems to protect fraud, waste and misuse of financial resources while ensure segregation of duties in the processing of transactions.
- Daily transaction inputting into Marie Stopes International’s SUN system.
- Management of the petty cash/float at the region.
- Monitor budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned, review budget amount against actual of expenditures and prepare variance analysis report on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory reports
- Ensuring regional field office funds request are in line with specific project budget and allowable expenses.
- Ensure the remittance of all statutory deductions to appropriate authorities
- Timely payments to Mobilizers, casual/contract staff, providers of products and services
- Distributors/sales agents account management and reconciliation.
- Coordinate payments for all project activities.
- Ensure proper controls are place at centre/clinic and provide support to centre manager(s) in time.
- Ensure WHT are being deducted and deposited to authorities/states in time
- Ensure assets are properly accounted for and maintained at the regional level.
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager, Regional Manager and any other superior officer.