Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice, not chance.
About this Role:
To successfully implement Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) Public Sector Support (PSS) strategies of partnering with selected public health providers in providing comprehensive reproductive health care services to the under-served population in Nigeria, there is need to develop and ensure high standard and quality of service provision through a competency- based training of team members and public provider partners including supportive supervision. The individual in this role ensures that training, supportive supervision are implemented in project locations and recommends competent trained providers for certification.
Provider Training and certification
- Work proactively and responsibly to ensure trained public sector providers undergo practical sessions for certification in their facilities in line with MSION Standards;
- Set up infection prevention measures in all facilities visited in the state of coverage
- Conduct update trainings on LARC for public sector providers
Supply, Referral Systems and Networking
- Distribution of supplies, commodities and manage collection of cash on supplied items, in line with the medical supply distribution guideline.
- Facilitate, follow up and support public sector’ referral and reporting of incidents related to services provided by trained providers;
- Facilitate liaison of selected public facilities providers with other institutions for demand generation, training practicum, linking and learning
Monitoring, Supportive Supervision and Reporting
- Support selected facilities providers in clinical documentation, record keeping and ensures timely submission of reports as required;
- Prepare and submit reports on supportive supervision and data numbers generated across all the trained providers
- Ensure public sector providers maintain and comply with quality across all areas of PSS Operation in line with established standards set by the state/federal governments and MSI.
- Documents best practices and /lessons learned from MSION’s PSS operation
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by the Regional Manager and/or PSS Channel Lead