Healthy Teen screening
Embrace changes with confidence.
Healthy Teen screening is majorly for Younger adults and Adolescents who are trying to understand their bodies.
Teenagers from 15 and above are subject to many physiological and psychological changes when their bodies change too quickly, such as when they have their first period (for girls), or when they start relating with the opposite sex.
Therefore, the physical or mental impacts on children in this age group are very important because they will serve as a premise for children throughout the following years until adulthood.
Therefore, MSI Nigeria launches the examination package with the desire to accompany parents in accurately assessing the health problems of children. Our doctors will directly advise on nutrition and healthy activities to develop optimal health, provide knowledge about menstrual disorders in the early stages of puberty, which help orient the children to have a healthy lifestyle, and change in the most positive direction.
What does this entail?
A. FULL PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS
- To measure height, weight, BMI, pulse, blood pressure, and temperature,
B. MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND EXAMINATION
1. PEDIATRICS EXAMS
- Identify health problems (if any) of children based on test results and ultrasound, and advise parents on appropriate intervention and treatment.
- Puberty counseling and health care – including guidance on diet, nutrition, and healthy living regimen to develop optimal height; Provide knowledge about menstrual disorders in the early stages of puberty
- Immunization counseling
C. LAB TESTS
1. COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT
- Early detection of diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs such as anemia, marrow failure, blood cancer, or other inflammatory diseases
2. BLOOD TYPE
- Has important implications regarding blood transfusion
3. BLOOD SUGAR
- To check whether the child’s blood sugar level is in the stable range or not. To screen, diagnose, and monitor diabetes in children
4. URINE MICROSCOPY, CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY
- To detect a wide range of kidney and urinary tract disorders, including chronic kidney disease, diabetes, bladder infections, and kidney stones
D. HPV VACCINATION
- To prevent the risk of contracting HPV(the causative virus for Cervical Cancer)
Ready to embrace changes with confidence?
From Menstruation to wellness to sexual health, We are your go-to-source for any advice and information that you or your daughter may need during any phase in her life.